0

Why Now?

Posted by Eat.Play.Run. on Thursday, February 26, 2009
In January 2003 one of my best (and oldest) friends Antonio suggested that I start my own website after my AOL inbox became flooded with mail from women who'd read my "I can't believe you broke my heart" webpage.

It was dedicated to an ex of sorts.

I was wounded and felt no need to hide how I felt.

For some reason, people really dug that.

And so BlueCypher.com was born.

Shortly after the site launched I started posting chapters of my novel-in-progress.

Even more emails came from strangers who started calling themselves "fans".

Rather than get cocky - I was humbled.

At the insistance of one of my readers from Netherlands, I started an online group to house my new internet family under one roof.

It was a crazy/beautiful time.

And 3 years, 1000+ members, 8 chapters and several life lessons later ...BlueCypher came to an end.

The girl who had started it, was no where to be found. In her place was a womanchild who was too overwhelmed by life to have the energy to process her feelings let alone pontificate about them in public.

Back in the day (i.e 2000 - 2003) there were webjournals/personal websites.

Blogging wasn't as commonplace, a lot more underground, and consisted mostly of a semi-tight-knit, uber incestuous, group of artsy/snarky introverts with exhibitionist tendencies.

People actually bought domains, designed their own stuff and poured yummy and damaged pieces of themselves into their entries.

I left the blogosphere just as it was beginning to become trendy. And still find it jarring when people say "YOU used to have a website? Really?"

So now....after all this time....in a world of TMZ, Perez Hilton, and numerous other internet celebrities, why do I want to dip my toes back into this pool of murky cyber water?

Well cause I got some new shyt to say that's why!

I like myself a whole lot more than I ever did previously.

And if I was so keen on chronicling my fuqqed up early-mid 20's...why not celebrate the dawn of what is already turning out to be a very grown and sexy period of my life?

Yes. I just said "grown and sexy". Don't roll your eyes at me just yet.

I'm actually old enough to remember when that term wasn't a painful cliche.

So any who.....This is me.

Some say I'm charismatic, a few say I'm a bitch, others say I'm too deep, and most agree that I'm a whole lot of everything.

However you slice it - theres never a dull moment.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Eat.Play.Run. All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.